Moisture chamber glasses are a proven way to provide relief from the discomfort of dry eye symptoms.
Also known as dry eye glasses or moisture chamber spectacles, they have a gasket (also referred to as an eye cup) that rests comfortably around your eye sockets. The gasket slows down the evaporation of tears by acting as a barrier against wind and other drying factors in the atmosphere.
As a result, your eyes remain more hydrated and you get relief from the soreness experienced with dry eye conditions.
Moisture chamber glasses may have a translucent silicone gasket like the Ziena spectacles illustrated above, or they may have a silicone rubber gasket like the 7eye AirShield sunglasses, as illustrated below. The effect is the same.
Benefits of wearing moisture chamber glasses
Wearing moisture chamber glasses can help to:
- Slow down the evaporation of your tear moisture, reducing dry eye symptoms
- Protect your eyes from:
- drying factors such as warm sunshine, wind, heating, and air conditioning
- irritation by dust, pollutants, and allergens such as pollen
- Maintain a clean environment around your eyes, reducing the risk of infections that may trigger a serious episode of dry eye
- Reduce your reliance on eye drops
Buyer's guides to purchasing moisture chamber glasses
- Which type of moisture chamber glasses should I buy?
- 7eye AirShield range overview
- Ziena Eyewear range overview
- Talk to our Dry Eye glasses specialist
More about moisture chamber glasses
- Are they effective?
- Do medical experts recommend them?
- Feedback from users
- Can I get prescription lenses fitted?
- Why should I buy from Eyewear Accessories?
More about dry eyes
- What are the symptoms of dry eye syndrome?
- Medical causes of dry eye syndrome
- Dry eyes caused by lifestyle and environment
- Dry eyes through computer use
- Can I be tested for dry eye syndrome?
- Can dry eyes be treated?