Our hay fever glasses and sunglasses have helped many people to get relief from itchy and sore eyes due to allergy to pollen (allergic conjunctivitis).
They were recommended in The Times Health Supplement in March 2019 in an article entitled: Three ways to prepare for the hay fever season.
Gasket acts as a barrier against pollen, wind and dust
The distinguishing feature of our hay fever glasses is the gasket (also referred to as an eye cup) that is clipped behind the rims.
The gasket rests comfortably around your eye sockets, acting as a barrier to stop pollen reaching your eyes. It also protects your eyes from dust and wind, and helps to keep them moisturised.
The gasket is well concealed behind the rims of the glasses and has filtered vents that block fine dust and pollen. It also blocks much more peripheral glare than normal wraparound sunglasses, making our glasses a good choice if your eyes are very sensitive to the sun’s glare.
When you don't need the extra protection, simply unclip the gasket and wear them as normal wraparound sunglasses.
Benefit from your hay fever glasses year after year
Once you've bought your hay fever glasses or sunglasses, you can wear them each year as the need takes you.
Some people use them just in the hay fever season, but many people find them useful all year round for keeping out wind, dust and glare.
- Are your eyes sore and irritated through an allergic reaction? Here's what you can do to avoid it
- Is your child suffering from itchy, watering and red eyes due to pollen or other airborne allergens?
- How well do 7eye and Ziena glasses keep pollen out of your eyes?
How to choose the best hay fever sunglasses for your needs
To maximise the effectiveness of hay fever you will need to select a model that fits closely around your eye sockets. Referring to these pages will help you decide which model(s) to buy:
- Overview of different styles of glasses
- 7eye AirShield range overview
- Ziena Eyewear range overview
- Body Specs flexible goggles
- Customer feedback on hay fever glasses
- Which 7eye glasses are best for cycling if you have hayfever?
- Size guide
- Choosing lens colour
- Prescription lenses
- Hay fever glasses for kids
It is a good idea to order two different models of glasses so that you can compare the fit. Use our free returns service if you order two and keep one.
If you need more guidance, do not hesitate to contact us.