Dry eyes are a problem experienced regularly by millions of people. It is the most common eye disorder in the UK.
The condition is known as Dry Eye Syndrome (DES) or Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca. Incidence of dry eye syndrome increases with age and affects 2 to 3 times more women than men.
Common dry eye symptoms include:
- Blurred vision that improves with blinking
- Excessive tearing in cold and windy weather
- Increased discomfort after periods of reading, watching TV or using a computer
- Over-sensitivity to bright sunlight
More about dry eyes
- Medical causes of dry eye syndrome
- Dry eyes caused by lifestyle and environment
- Dry eyes through computer use
- Can I be tested for dry eye syndrome?
- Can dry eyes be treated?
- Can moisture chamber glasses be used instead of eye drops to relieve dry eyes?