Return policy and procedure
You can return an order up to 2 weeks of receiving it, subject to complying with all the conditions of this returns policy and procedure.
1. Email us notifying your intention to return your order, quoting your order number and the reason you are returning it.
2. Package carefully the glasses you are returning to ensure that we receive the product in undamaged condition. Normally you can re-use the waterproof mailing bag in which it was sent to you).
3. Enclose a copy of your order receipt or packing slip and your email regarding the return.
4. Address your return package to:
Eyewear Accessories Ltd
Old Well Barn
College Lane, Ide
5. Take your package to a post office and send it via recorded delivery (essential to cover you in the event that your parcel is lost in the post).
Returns for all non-UK orders
Follow the steps 1 to 5 described above. Be sure to use a tracked airmail delivery service that provides sufficient compensation in case of loss or damage.
You must specify on the customs declaration:
- Unwanted goods returned for refund
- Value of the goods = £0.00.
This means that no customs duties are charged when the goods arrive in the UK.
Please note that in any event, Eyewear Accessories will not accept any incoming package or provide a refund unless there is no customs duty payable or it has already been paid by the sender.
Processing your refund
We will process your refund within 7 days of us receiving your returned goods and will email you to inform you. Refunds can only be credited to the card that was used for the original purchase.
How much we will refund you
If you selected the free standard delivery option, then as long as you keep the item(s) that you ordered you will not be charged anything for delivery.
However, if you return item(s) the cost of standard delivery (£4.99) will be deducted from your refund. If you requested priority delivery and then returned the order, £7.99 will be deducted from your refund.
If returning items to us, you must take reasonable care to ensure that we receive the goods and that they are not damaged in transit.
Please check that you are happy with the fit and comfort of the glasses as soon as possible after receiving them, and if unsatisfactory, do not continue to wear them.
As with any item of clothing or accessory that has been worn in contact with the skin, there are reasons of hygiene that necessitate taking particular care if you may wish to return dry eye glasses.
Please return all goods with their original packaging and, while we recognise that you need to inspect them, please don't remove any product labels unless you intend to keep them.
Replacement eye cups are supplied in a sealed container and cannot be refunded if the seal has been broken or if there is any sign of the eye cup having been damaged or modified.
If you are returning the glasses because they were faulty on arrival, you must inform us by email within 24 hours. You are entitled to a refund if you return them to us within 30 days of receiving your order. When returning the faulty goods, please include a copy of your receipt and a clear description of the fault.
Returning an item to us in poor condition and/or outside the return period
We will assess every returned product as to whether it can be refunded fully or partially refunded.
In calculating your refund amount we will take into consideration:
- the condition of the item(s) you are returning
- whether all product labels, zip cases, and packaging are returned in saleable condition
- whether you kept other items in the order or sent them all back
- whether the return has been made within the 14 day return period
- if it returned late, your refund will be reduced
The minimum charge for late returns or items returned in less than saleable condition is £10.00.
The maximum charge is normally 25% of the order value. However, if you return your glasses in what we deem as an unsaleable condition, we reserve the right to not pay any refund.
You must enter the address that you want your order to be sent to accurately and completely or it will be lost or returned to us.
If it is lost in the post we will have to claim for the loss from the carrier and will have to wait for their approval of the loss before we can refund you or send you a replacement item.
We will charge a £10.00 administration fee if your order is returned to us for any of the following reasons:
- the address was wrong or incomplete
- the recipient was not in to receive the parcel
- after a failed delivery, the recipient did not collect it from the carrier's depot within their specified time
If you have had prescription lenses fitted
If you bought the glasses with a view to fitting them with optical lenses for your prescription, you must ensure that you are happy with the glasses as ordered from us before you order prescription lenses from your optician or chosen optical glazing company.
We can give you a refund on the glasses only prior to you arranging for them to have prescription lenses fitted, and this can be granted only if all other relevant conditions of our returns policy and procedure have been met as described on this page.
In the unlikely event that you experience any issues with the prescription lenses that you have got fitted, or if the glasses, frame, eye cup, or accessories were damaged when in the care of the optician or optical glazing company who has fitted the prescription lenses, it is their exclusive responsibility to resolve the issue.
If you ordered a replacement eye cup or gasket
Replacement eye cups and gaskets are supplied to you in a sealed container and cannot be refunded for hygiene reasons if the seal has been broken or if there is any sign of the eye cup having been used, fitted, damaged or modified.