- FREE Delivery on all UK orders for Blephasteam
- Subsidised tracked airmail delivery to all our other shipping destinations
- Recommended by eye care specialists to relieve symptoms of Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD) and associated diseases such as:
- posterior blepharitis
- ocular rosacea
- contact lens intolerance
- dry eye syndrome
- Comfortable and convenient - two therapy sessions a day for 10-minutes each
- Complately natural therapy for eyelids and ocular surface disease - no preservatives or phosphates
- Enables clear vision during the session with no mist - so you can wear it while reading a book, watching TV, or using your computer, mobile or tablet
How does it work?
What is the science behind it?
Located in your eyelids are the Meibomian glands which secrete the tear film lipid layer that controls the rate at which your tears evaporate.
Meibomian glands can easily become blocked, leading to a breakdown in the quality of the lipid layer, a condition called Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). This causes increased tear evaporation and is responsible for symptoms of eye irritation, inflammation and the appearance of ocular surface diseases.
It has been observed for a long time by ophthalmologists that a daily application of heat and humidity on the eyelids has a beneficial effect on various Meibomian Gland Dysfunction conditions. The Blephasteam device is the first to deliver this therapy simply, safely, and effectively. Its design is based on the original scientific studies of Dr JR Fuller, a leading ophthalmologist.
Blephasteam was developed in conformity with the CE mark by Laboratoires Théa, a leading ophthalmological company specialising in lid care and designed in collaboration with eye care specialists.
- Blephasteam is distinguished from more basic home therapies such as the MGD eye bag, because it delivers a consistent, set heat optimised for eye therapy, and at the same time provides the soothing effect of high humidity.
- Quality of blink preserved - so meibomian oil can be released on closure and tear can be re-surfaced on blinking.
- Efficient on tear film stability and ocular health.
- Scientifically proven by an independent body to improve tear quality, decrease tear evaporation and improve vision.
What is included in the pack
The Blephasteam device is supplied with 100 replacement rings. Each ring can only be used once and must be replaced for each session so the initial supply will last for 50 uses. Also supplied is a zip case for storage.
Frequently bought with this product
Dispatch and delivery information
- FREE Delivery on UK orders
Delivery timing and method
- Blephasteam units are currently taking 1 to 3 working days to despatch
- Where we deliver to
- Delivery locations outside the UK - please email us to confirm rate
- UK is not permitted to export Blephasteams to Australia or New Zealand
Returns and refunds
Please note that once you have purchased a Blephasteam, you can inspect it and return if you change your mind, but once a Blephateam has been used, we are unable to refund your purchase unless there is a fault with the product. See full returns and refunds policy.
You may like to read
In our blog, we give our own take on Blephasteam, how easy it is to use, and whether it is worth it.
- Take two simple ideas. Refine them and you have two effective ways to relieve dry eyes
- My personal experience of using Blephasteam
- User reviews of Blephasteam on Amazon
- Is Blephasteam worth it? (Dry Eye Zone forum)