Cleaning and storage
- Use a clean microfibre cloth to clean the lenses (the bag supplied with the glasses is intended to be used).
- Use little or no water to clean the lenses - simply rub gently when dry to remove dust or smears.
- Do not use lens cleaners / cleaning chemicals as they damage the anti-fog coating on lenses and have a corrosive effect on metal parts such as hinges and magnets.
- When cleaning eye cups / gaskets, wipe with a clean, damp cloth and then dry before storage or use. Do not immerse the eye cup or gasket in water as this will cause them to deteriorate.
- Make sure that all parts including the eye cup are dry before storing the glasses.
- If any fluids such as eye drops or lens cleaning chemicals drip onto the frame or the Ziena silicone eye cup, wipe them off to avoid possible corrosive damage to metal parts such as hinges or magnets.
- Always store the glasses in the case when not in use, away from direct heat sources.
- Do not store light-reactive lenses in a sunny place (eg in a car or near a window) as this damages their photochromic properties.
Use of eye drops
Avoid applying eye drops just before wearing the glasses as this will cause a sudden surge in eye moisture and may result in excessive lens misting.
Also, when your eyes are full of artificial tears, this tends to spatter the inside of the lenses when you blink and may also get onto metal parts of the frame such as hinges and magnets, causing possible corrosive damage that would not be covered by the product warranty.
Wearing moisture chamber glasses should reduce your reliance on eye drops so normally this is not a problem, but if application of eye drops is required, we recommend you wait half an hour if possible before wearing your glasses.