Cycling glasses let in the wind around the edges
Most wraparound cycling glasses keep out the wind to some degree, but they still leave gaps at the sides, top and bottom of the lenses.
As a result, your eyes still get buffeted by wind blasts, making them feel dry and sore, or causing them to water constantly, especially in cold weather.
Wraparound sunglasses with protective gaskets
Our wraparound sunglasses have protective gaskets that can help to insulate your eyes from air draughts.
They also protect your eyes from irritation through dust and pollution, and block pollen from entering your eyes during hay fever season.
Key features of all our protective goggles
- Close-fitting aerodynamic, secure and comfortable wraparound frames
- Flat design of ear rests enables the glasses to be worn under a cycle helmet
- Enhanced wind protection compared with wraparound cycling glasses
- Choice of lens colours to enhance your vision of the road in different light conditions
- All the lenses are rated to UV 400 to provide 100% UV protection
- Light but strong wraparound frames made from grilamid TR-90
- Range of stylish frame sizes and shapes to fit men and women
How to decide which goggles are suitable for your intended use
Our range of goggles vary in size, closeness of fit and peripheral vision and you must decide whether they are suitable for your intended use. For example:
- Ensure that the gasket fits well all around the periphery of your eye sockets to maximise wind protection
- Ensure that you have good all round vision with the goggles, making them safe for manouvring*
* Customers have rated goggles with wraparound lenses such as the 7eye Panhead and Cape, and the Body Specs BSG and Z-001, best for peripheral vision.
How customers rate 7eye AirShield glasses
“Thanks for your excellent advice. The 7eye glasses are a perfect fit and have put the pleasure back into cycling. Tested yesterday in a strong headwind - super.”
"Just to say how highly delighted I am with my new cycling goggles (7eye Cape). Had my first trip out with them on Wednesday and they exceeded my expectations. No streaming eyes, no bits of dust in the eyes and pin sharp vision."
“The glasses are great. I cycle regularly in them and the windproof insert effectively stops my eyes from being affected by the wind.”
“The 7eye glasses made all the difference cycling in windy Denmark and had the added benefit of cutting out the glare you get around the edges of normal sunglasses. I will definitely get plenty more use from them on breezy days.”
"Just wanted to say a big thank you. My glasses arrived today (I ordered them yesterday!) and are fab. Now I can go outside in the wind and enjoy cycling again without my eyes suffering - they feel like a big hug!"