Silicone ear grips are a discreet accessory for all glasses and sports glasses that rests comfortably behind your ears in order to keep your eyewear comfortably and securely in place without slipping down your nose.
They are an inexpensive and easy to fit accessory that can make a big improvement in the way that your glasses fit. They are more discreet and comfortable to wear than an adjustable eyewear retainer cord with a toggle that is worn around the head.
Who can benefit by using ear grips?
This small accessory offers benefits to many different users - for sports, medical applications, as well as everyday use.
Achieving a better seal to protect you from the elements
Ear grips (also called spectacle ear hooks, ear grippers, ear hooks, or silicone temple tips) are particularly useful when worn with moisture chamber glasses and windproof / pollen and dust proof glasses because they enable you to achieve a better seal around your eyes to enhance the protection provided by the glasses.
Stop your glasses from being lost
Wearing silicone ear grips significantly reduces the possibility of you losing your spectacles because they have either fallen off or been knocked off. As spectacles are so expensive it has become increasingly important to look after them carefully. And if you need to wear your glasses all the time, then having to do without them while you wait for replacements is inconvenient.
Anti slip properties for spectacle wearers
They are also useful when wearing sports glasses because their anti slip properties keep the glasses exactly in the same position on your face - essential, for example when playing tennis or driving a car.
Silicone ear grips can assist safety because wearing them usually means that the glasses are positioned a little closer to your face which maximises your peripheral vision.
Also they protect you from your glasses being knocked off and suddenly having to cope with impaired vision. If, for example, you are on a bike ride and hit, for example, a branch that is overhanging the road, you won't get the glasses knocked off your face. Or if if you are sailing and get knocked by the boom, you won't lose your spectacles in the sea.
Useful for golfers
If you are playing golf, then when you are looking down at the ball preparing to take a shot, your glasses won't slip down or fall off if you have ear hooks fitted.
- Soft hypoallergenic silicone for all day comfort
- Anti-slip and adjusts to suit
- Designed to fit all 7eye, Ziena, and Body Specs glasses (models with arms)
- Suitable for wearing with other brands of sports glasses
- Suitable for attaching to your everyday spectacles
- Choose either Clear or Black
- Each pack consists of one pair of ear grips
Watch our video
Here I describe my experience of wearing Ziena glasses with silicone ear grips attached.
How to attach the ear grips
- Push the tip of the arm of your glasses into the small hole on the ear grip.
- Slide the ear grip up the arm and adjust it to the perfect position behind your ear. It can help to use a rocking action to feed the ear grip along the arm
- If you find it difficult to fit the ear grip over the arm, apply a drop of liquid soap or washing up liquid on the end of the arm to lubricate it.