If you suffer from light sensitivity associated with specific conditions such as migraine, macular degeneration, or diabetic retinopathy, you can benefit from wearing 7eye AirShield glasses to eliminate peripheral glare.
If you suffer from sensitivity to sunlight
If your photophobia is related to being dazzled by the glare from bright sunlight, 7eye have a choice of lenses that may be suitable for you.
SharpView Polarised Grey
- Light transmission: 12%, Polarised
- Category 3
- A dark grey, neutral tint with the added benefit of a polarising filter that reduces the sun's glare, especially at low angles and when reflected from shiny or light surfaces
SharpView Extra Dark Grey
- Light transmission: 7%, Non-polarised
- Category 4
- A very dark grey tint
- If you order the Extra Dark Grey Lenses, we will require you to sign a waiver to confirm that you will not use these lenses for driving. Click here to download the waiver document which you need to complete, sign and return.
- A photochromic lens that darkens when you are outdoors, becoming a very dark Grey in full sun, lightening to virtually Clear in low light
- Light transmission in full sun is 9% (in temperatures below 5°C it darkens to 4%, Non-polarised)
- Higher ABBE value for better peripheral vision
If you suffer photophobia from other types of light
If your sensitivity is related to other types of light, you will need to get the 7eye glasses fitted with lenses in the optimum colour for your condition.
For example, a yellow lens is often recommended for macular degeneration, an orange lens for Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP), and a rose tinted lens (FL-41) for migraine related photophobia.
You should seek advice from your opthalmologist on which tint will most help your condition best.
If you need prescription lenses or specialised lenses
If you need prescription lenses or custom-made lenses in a specific tint, you should contact Reglaze Glasses Direct.
They are a UK-based optical glazing company that specialises in making and fitting lenses to your requirements. Their service is efficient and offers excellent value for money. For example, a specialist tinted set of lenses will only cost you around £25. They can fit lenses to 7eye AirShield or Ziena Eyewear frames.
We recommend contacting Reglaze before buying the glasses from us to check that the lenses you require (and your prescription) can be accommodated into the glasses you want.
- Phone: 01455 293417
- Website: reglaze-glasses-direct.com
Once you have confirmed that Reglaze can make the lenses you require, buy the glasses you want to try from us so that you can make sure that you are happy with the fit, appearance, and comfort before getting your custom-made lenses fitted.
If you need advice from us on selecting glasses, we are happy to help. Click here for our contact details.