A proven way to relieve dry eyes
Moisture chamber glasses are a proven way to provide relief from the discomfort of dry eye symptoms.
They are often the quickest, easiest and safest way to ease dry eye pain and make your eyes more comfortable. They don't replace medical treatment, but they can significantly improve your quality of life.
Recommended by leading eye hospitals
Moisture chamber glasses are regularly recommended to their dry eye patients by leading eye hospitals
How do they work?
Also known as dry eye glasses or moisture chamber spectacles, they have a gasket (also referred to as an eye cup) that rests comfortably around your eye area.
This creates a seal around your eyes that insulates them from the wind, dust and pollen and other drying factors in the atmosphere such as air conditioning.
As a result, your eyes remain more hydrated and you get relief from the soreness experienced with dry eye conditions with less reliance on eye drops.
Moisture chamber glasses may have a translucent silicone gasket like the Ziena spectacles illustrated above, or a silicone rubber gasket like the 7eye AirShield sunglasses, as illustrated below. The moisture chamber effect is the same.
Benefits of wearing moisture chamber glasses
Wearing moisture chamber glasses can help to:
- Slow down the evaporation of your tear moisture, reducing dry eye symptoms
- Protect your eyes from:
- drying factors such as warm sunshine, wind, heating, and air conditioning
- irritation by dust, pollutants, and allergens such as pollen
- glare from the sun
- Maintain a clean environment around your eyes, reducing the risk of infections that may trigger a serious episode of dry eye
- Reduce your reliance on eye drops
Buyer's guides to purchasing moisture chamber glasses
- Will wearing moisture chamber glasses help me?
- Which type of moisture chamber glasses should I buy?
- Watch our video guide to the 7eye AirShield range
- Watch our video guide to the Ziena Eyewear range
- 7eye AirShield range text overview
- Ziena Eyewear range text overview
- Body Specs range overview
- Blephasteam - goggles with moist heat therapy to improve tear quality
- Talk to our Dry Eye glasses specialist
Watch our latest video
More about moisture chamber glasses
- Are they effective?
- Do medical experts recommend them?
- Feedback from users
- Can I get prescription lenses fitted?
- Why should I buy from Eyewear Accessories?
More about dry eyes
- What are the symptoms of dry eye syndrome?
- Medical causes of dry eye syndrome
- Dry eyes caused by lifestyle and environment
- Dry eyes through computer use
- Can I be tested for dry eye syndrome?
- Can dry eyes be treated?
- I have Meibomian Gland Dysfunction (MGD). How can I improve my tear quality?