Cleaning and storage
How to clean the lenses
- On models with a removable gasket or eye cup, detach it before cleaning the lenses
- For daily cleaning, use a clean, dust free microfibre cloth/bag to dry and gently buff up the lenses so that there is no dust or smears on the lens surface. You may prefer to use an optical lens blower to remove dust from the lenses.
- Once a week, or if the lenses have got particularly dirty, wipe them gently with a baby wipe. Using small circular motions and the tip of your finger with the baby wipe, massage the dirt away. Use a clean, dust free microfibre cloth/ bag to dry and gently buff up the lenses so that there are no smears.
- Do not use lens cleaners / cleaning chemicals as they damage the anti-fog coating on lenses and have a corrosive effect on metal parts such as hinges and magnets.
How to clean the eye cup or gasket
- Wipe the eye cup gently with a baby wipe or gentle make up remover. Do not immerse it in water as this will cause it to deteriorate. Leave the eye cup exposed to the atmosphere to dry but do not leave it near a radiator or in full sunlight as this can cause it to deteriorate.
- Make sure that all parts including the eye cup are dry before storing the glasses in their case.
- If any fluids such as eye drops or lens cleaning chemicals drip onto the frame or the Ziena silicone eye cup, wipe them off to avoid possible corrosive damage to metal parts such as hinges or magnets.
General advice on product care and storage
- Do not use sun cream or wear make up immediately around your eyes where the eye cup would touch.
- Always store the glasses in the case when not in use, away from direct heat sources.
- Do not leave your glasses in a hot car or in direct sunlight in a sunny place as this damages them (especially glasses with photochromic lenses) and could void the warranty.
- If you use your glasses on a rainy day, dry them carefully before putting them back in the case. We recommend that you detach the eye cup and leave it exposed to the air to dry. This should be indoors in a warm environment, but do not place the eye cup or frame on or near a radiator.
Using eye drops
Avoid applying eye drops just before wearing the glasses as this will cause a sudden surge in eye moisture and may result in excessive lens misting.
Also, when your eyes are full of artificial tears, this tends to spatter the inside of the lenses when you blink and may also get onto metal parts of the frame such as hinges and magnets, causing possible corrosive damage that would not be covered by the product warranty.
Wearing moisture chamber glasses should reduce your reliance on eye drops so normally this is not a problem, but if application of eye drops is required, we recommend you wait half an hour if possible before wearing your glasses.
You can find out about the product warranty here.
If a fault of any kind develops with the eyewear or lenses within this time, DO NOT attempt to repair it yourself. For safety reasons, do not use the eyewear again and inform us without delay so that a replacement part or product can be provided. Any attempt to repair eyewear yourself will nullify the warranty.