Nearly 40% of e-bike riders in the UK are aged 61 or over. Significantly this coincides exactly with the age group most likely to suffer from watery eyes when outdoors in the wind.
At Eyewear Accessories, we talk regularly to e-bike users who experience watery eyes while outdoors, particularly in Autumn and Winter.
What e-bikers are telling us
There is a consistent theme in what e-bikers are telling us:
- watery eyes affect them particularly while cycling due to the headwind
- their eyes are not just watery but sore
- watery eyes get worse the colder and windier it is outdoors
- glasses they have purchased before, even top brands like Oakley, do not effectively keep the wind from blasting their eyes, so they don't reduce their watery eye problem
- they find it highly inconvenient to keep stopping whilst they dry their eyes
- cycling with blurry, teary vision presents a serious safety hazard.
You can be pretty sure that bike shops selling e-bikes will stock fashionable eyewear brands such as Oakley, Adidas, and Bolle, but nothing specialist for preventing watery eyes.
They will have a variety of windproof bike tops, gloves and trousers. But they have probably not even heard of the 7eye AirShield brand of glasses and goggles.
Introducing 7eye AirShield
7eye Airshield is a range of wraparound glasses with a protective gasket to keep out the wind. Many e-bike users have praised them because they are so effective at stopping their eyes watering excessively.
Made by the US company Panoptx, 7eye AirShield glasses are a quality product. Priced from £79.99 to £119.99 they are a fair bit cheaper than other top sports eyewear brands such as Oakley and Adidas.
Improving the quality of life for eye sufferers
Since 2009, Eyewear Accessories has been helping people in the UK and across the world find protective glasses and goggles for people with dry eye disease, blepharitis, and other eye problems.
Wearing our products has often dramatically improved their quality of life. Read some of our customer feedback here.
We send a free tracked return label with every first UK order for 7eye AirShield glasses, so there is every reason to try them to see how you get on with them.